View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #9
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 022520 View Post
Hey JFP, you must be some mechanic. Ive removed the cluster a cpl of times and it takes about 10-20 minutes max. Two torx screws and a few wire harness disconnects.

So to replace the ignition switch in a max of 10 minutes is amazing!!!!According to all Ive read on this forum it's an agonizing, tedious job needing small tools and a lot of contorting. That's been my unsuccessful experience also. Your post was not helpful.

Dont'cha love guys who use forums to belittle people for no good reason I guess to make themselves feel better.
Uhmm, removing the cluster will not help one bit in getting your ignition switch out.

Going through the drivers side AC vent makes this a 20 minute job. Mind you, the first time you tackle this job, it does seem a lot harder than it really is. Take your vent back out and have at it again.

You need a very short jewelers screw driver. If your ignition switch is original, the screws will have a little bit of paint on them that makes them a bit harder to remove.

I loosen one screw through the vent and the other looking up from under the dash.

Don't overthink this...it really is a small job that just appears daunting.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote