View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
hippojam1

ipod to radios experts...how about this idea?

i want to create a very simple ipod to radio hook-up, the simplest possible direct connection, that is. so i ordered the rca-to-radio cord from becker and i'm wondering where to route it.

1. can it be routed out of the center console (e.g. on the side of the console, or into a storage bin) without drilling or cutting? (i have no tools, but want to do this myself)

2. what do you think of this idea...routing the cord into the cupholder (it's right above the radio in my boxster) and fashioning some sort of cradle in or in place of one of the cupholders. that way, i could just open the cupholder when i have my ipod, pop it in, and have very easy visual and hand access to the ipod...and when i don't have the ipod i just close the cupholder and the cradle disappears.

i just thought that since the cupholder is right above the radio it might be easy...and i don't need two cupholders, just one.

if this isn't a good idea, then i guess i'll just try and find a way to route the cord out of the console the way that requires the least drilling/cutting, and is the most inconspicuous possible.

thanks for your help!
hippojam1 is offline   Reply With Quote