View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #15
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH
I've attached a link to the PCA tech Q&A section on Boxsters where Scott Slawson gets into the ugly details of this episode.

I'm not saying this guy has all the answers but he's in a better position to know what exactly the details where on this particular problem than certainly I am. As I've stated before, Porsche probably knows what engine serial numbers were built this way and what cars they went into, but they're not talking. I'd expect this treatment from GM but not from Porsche..

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_question.asp?id={F3EA752A-E838-43E5-A43D-BB4F445F5A8F}
Hi,

Yes, there were a FEW engines which got thebad motors. But, these typically failed in the first couple thousand miles and Porsche contacted the owners to deal with it, mainly replacing the engines. This was a serious defect in the engine and didn't take long to show up at all. The highest mileage failure I have seen due to a sleeved engine was like 8600 mi. This means they've all been dealt with and the issue has gone the way of SmallPox...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote