View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
denverpete

First off, there is a general and growing concensus that Porsches that do not get driven are a risky proposition. I know that sounds strange, but these vehicles like to get driven.

Second, I think if you do a bit of searching on this board you'll find answers to most of your modification questions. From your post it seems that you are looking to add H.P. Unfortunately, this just isn't something that is easily or cheaply done with a Boxster. You can find numerous posts about exhausts, headers, power chips, and even superchargers. Most agree that an exhaust/header swap tends to add sound but not much power (despite the manufacturer claims) - at least on a $/hp basis. The jury's definately out on the power chip. There is at least one member who had a supercharger installed. I don't believe I've seen any recent posts on the outcome. But, you're still talking around $8,000 - $10,000.

Quite simply, upgrades aren't cheap and for what you'd spend on those upgrades you could probably buy an '03S with better features and alot more HP than a '99.

Lastly, never assume that a Boxster is going to be a winner just because it has low miles. Get a PPI.

P.S. - "Apparently it's true that you can't go home again, but you can shop there."

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote