View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #17
jdlmodelt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8URLYF View Post
I am also a newbie and have not taken possession of my car (2003 Boxster S). I have been researching options for connecting an mp3 player or phone to the stereo, and I'm starting to think that an FM transmitter with bluetooth could be my best/least expensive/easiest option (other than replacing the whole stereo)? I was wondering if anyone has experience with this? We have a four hour drive home, the car does not have a CD changer, and I don't want to go back to the days of carrying multiple CDs in the car. Is something that plugs into a DC slot the same as plugging something into the cigarette lighter of the Boxster? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

This is what I'm looking at: Amazon.com : Nulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Car Kit W 1.44 Inch Display Supports TF/SD Card and USB Car Charger for All Smartphones Audio Players : MP3 Players & Accessories
Mine had the CD changer and I installed the RCA to 1/8 plug for my Ipod. Then you install a CD in the CD player and all you have to do is select CD player and the MP3 player will come thru.
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote