View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
boxxster

Another headlight thread

Hoping you guys could help me troubleshoot issues with the my drivers side litronic low beam. Sometimes it stays on for 5 minutes after the car starts, other times its half an hour, but it always goes out eventually. If I turn the car off then start it up again it always comes right back on. So far I have:

-taken the headlight switch out and cleaned it up with contact cleaner (didn't think this was the cause, but figured it couldn't hurt)
-taken the headlight out and cleaned all connections at the back with contact cleaner
-opened it up to look for any loose wires etc. It seemed fine.
-reinstalled it making sure it was properly connected and seated within the bracket

So I'm just wondering where I should go from here and what else I should check. I have a spare ballast I'm thinking of swapping in but I've read of people with similar issues swapping ballasts to no avail. I'd also prefer not to have to buy a bulb until I've checked everything else. Hopefully there is something I am missing here. Another thing I wanted to ask was how to adjust the height of the low beams. The new headlight I installed on the passenger side is pointed much lower than the drivers. I figure its one of those screws on the side but I would like to know which screw adjusts what before I start playing with things.
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote