View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
dghii

Deal.

Here's why (and nothing mentioned is meant to disrespect your purchasing the car, you're going to love it!).

1. This is a 'fender bender'. It happens more often than is ever reported, clean carfax or not. this incident does not make this a bad car and the offer from the seller seems more than fair. You can always negotiate more than $1,000 off, buy the car and have the shop of your choice perform the work.

2. This is a 13 year old car, that, unfortunately will continue to lose value, accident or not. The amount that this accident will diminish the value of your car is minimal at this point.

3. If I was looking at a car of this age and the owner stated it had never been damaged, I would still wonder if it was true or not as it is very hard to go this long and not have damage of some sort unless the car is a true garage queen, which opens up another (mechanical) can of worms...

4. Look, this is unfortunate but your reasons to decide to buy this car are still valid. Did you every see the movie "The World According to Garp"? At one point, Garp and his wife are looking at a house they really want to buy and a small plane crashes into the house as they watch.

Garp's reaction? "I'll take it, this house is pre-disastered and will be safe now for my family".

Enjoy your new car!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote