View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:12 AM   #1
Britrover

Very frustrating! Suspension experts Please chime in

The rear suspension on 98 Boxster was toast, so I bit the bullet and had everything changed out. Namely, rear shocks with all brand new components, control arm links, track rods, lower control arm ball joint, sway bar links, sway bar bushings. When I went to pick up the vehicle the mechanic took it for a test drive and came back puzzled. The rear wheels are acting against each other, I saw them pointing inward. He made some tweaks with the bolts, but when I drive it now the vehicle seems to drive awkward, best way to describe it as the rear fishtails like a rear wheel drive car would in snowy conditions up north. The mechanic also changed the rotors and pads (Powersport).

Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue? Just looking for pointers as the vehicle is going back to the shop. I plan on putting 4 new tires and taking it for an alignment at the dealer, but would like this issue sorted first.

Appreciate any input.

Looking to add: Ferrari 328 GTS | Classic Rolls Royce
Britrover is offline   Reply With Quote