View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iatros
Hello everyone!

Great resource you guys have set up here, and I was hoping I could tax some of your brains for some information

I used to have a 91 MR2, it was a midengined, rear wheel drive sportscar that met its end on a rainy day by spinning out and hitting a tree

Fortunately myself and my passenger were okay, but since the accident happened when I was moving down to South Florida to start medical school, I didn't have much time to go shopping. I ended up hurriedly buying a Maxima, but have been looking to get back into a midengine car ever since!

After a bunch of research, I think I've settled on getting a Boxster (S hopefully), as it fits my price range and provides the things I was looking for in a car.

So here are my questions:

1. The MR2 was notorious for its oversteering... how's the boxster when pushed? What about the S?

2. Is it worth it to get the 03 over the 02 Boxsters? I know it has a glass rear window, and some minor body mods, anything else?

3. How good is the security system on the Boxster?

4. Has anyone had the factory navigation installed after they bought the car? How much does it run?

5. Any general tips for insurance, extended warranty, etc..?

Thank you
1. No

2. Yes

3. Good but lojak is a nice add.

4. I have not had one. The consensus is not great.

5. Warranty is recommended if you are risk adverse./

Good luck

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote