View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 04:42 AM   #5
KevinH1990

Sorry to hear about your back. I know how that can ruin your day.

I always like to consider as many options as possible before making a major decision, and here's one that I would think about if I was in your situation. Do you have the basic two-way power seats? You may want to consider upgrading to an 8-way or 12-way (even better) power seat. Here's a set on an auction site, but they are available from several sources: Porsche 911 986 996 Carrera Boxster Black Supple Leather Seats Crest Full Power | eBay

The upgraded seats would allow you to raise the seat before you get out of the car. The additional amount of vertical travel might make a difference. The manual height adjuster on the two-way seat is just too cumbersome to use every time you get in and out of the car. Also, the lumbar support in the 12-way seat may make the long rides a little more tolerable. This would be less expensive than buying a new car and would allow you to continue "Boxstering."

Here's information on installation: http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/58080-full-power-seat-installation.html
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 12-05-2015 at 04:45 AM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote