View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #9
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendalia View Post
Thanks for letting me know. In the rear, I think there is only supposed to be one fog lamp on the driver's side. As for the marker lamp inside the headlamp assembly, I will have to look again.

I did a little more checking. There is no ground on my right front turn signal. I must have disturbed something because it was working, and now some of the other lights don't work. I would bet that that the fault is common to these and a ground is often the issue. I may bite the bullet andbring it to a shop that has done some work for me.
Just had fun with my passenger side assembly. I noticed the small running light was not coming on altough I had replaced it with an LED version this summer. I pulled the assembly and pulled the access panel off the back. A good bit of my wiring insulation was disinigrating! The LED was ok but the various wires were shorting each other out.

I pulled all the wiring out (as best I could) and used shrink wrap and electrical tape to insulate the wires.

I put it all back together and...had no headlights on either side! Fogs and parking lights would work just fine.

I had replaced my headlight switch last year (with used unit) and decided to pull it apart and clean it. I put it back together and so far, so good!

Also check the connector receptacle at the back of the headlight assembly tray, It may by loose and not mating with your HL assembly when you put it in place.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote