View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Thanks for the comments. It is my favorite color combo for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Do you mind revealing what you paid? That looks like an easy fix.
I want those wheels...
Price + fees was a bit under $4k. Fees were very high.

I wanted the car Badly and had to find a way to limit myself from spending waaay too much. When I bid on it, I wasn't absolutely sure that it could be rebuilt, so I was thinking of recovering my cost by parts value: engine & transmission + wheels + hardtop + brakes + misc.

I rushed through a basic fix today to get it on the road. Some JB weld on the radiator, a little duct tape on the shroud, some hammering here and there. I had a steering wheel airbag on the shelf.... Had to rush, because I'm not going to have any more work-day time off for the next couple weeks. Got to the Tag Agency (DMV) to find out that there is no inspection for a 10+ year old car to go from Salvage to Rebuilt! (Oklahoma)

Everything is going so well so far that I'm scared to jinx it by checking the oil filter. It does have a dealer sticker in the trunk, but no other docs. I'm going to see if I can track it to any service records next week.

I've got the radiator/fan/shroud ordered.
Looking for a red leather passenger side airbag.
I may get an arctic silver bumper cover, or just repaint the new S- model bumper that I have on my black '99 and give it the old one back.

Last edited by 78F350; 08-28-2015 at 02:20 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote