View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
JFP, Rarely (if ever) would I question your expertise, however, I have a lot of experience with lots of firmware updates to lots of hardware and often there are new bugs that pop up due to the update. It's just the nature of the beast. In software development, it is nearly impossible to test every possible scenario and it just takes 1 misplaced, incorrect, or missed character to mess something up, and that is very easy to do when updating code.

Perhaps Durametric is better than most.
I just subscribe to the notion, Don't fix whats not broken.
Problem is that Porsche keeps changing the game by doing things like switching DME suppliers on some vehicles, while Durametric keeps trying to add or improve capabilities, particularly for those of us that work on the full breadth of Porsche's product lines. While you may look at it as "not fixing what ain't broke", I see it as broadening my shop's ability to serve customers. And as I noted earlier, I am yet to see a Durametric update that has done any harm.