Thread: Radar Detectors
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 AM   #15
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
One more vote for the Valentine 1. The fact that I can send it back for a hardware upgrade to the latest protection and the fact that it has those arrows and a bogey counter is why I keep it.

If you use a detector for your commute and you have annoying false readings here and there, another detector with GPS may be your best bet. I battle false alarms by programming the V1 to turn off X band because it's only used in Ohio from what I've read and it's frequently used in automatic doors at Walmart, etc.. I just hope X band hasn't made a comeback!

The new laser technology built into high end cars for adaptive cruise control sets off my V1 now... as this becomes a mainstream feature in automobiles I have no idea what I'm going to do.

And oddly enough, I don't speed in the boxster. However, I tend to push it in the F150 way beyond the speed limit!
Get their latest firmware update, it dramatically reduces the false alarms from adaptive cruise and lane change warning systems. Before that update, I would get inundated with false alerts, and now get none. Their app for the iPhone is pretty slick as well, visually telling you which alerts are real and which ones are something else..