View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #17
Brucelee

Ok, now the women love you, mission accomplished.

I have spent my career in insurance. So, you may or may not know that insurance company rating systems are regulated by each state govt. Depending on what the insurance commissioner is up to that day, rating factors are allowed or not allowed.

For example, in MA, we were prevented from lowering life insurance rates for our female customers. It seems the commissioner felt that sex based ratings of ANY kind were sexist, even if backed up by sound actuarial data.

This can and does exist in many states for many types of insurance.

Now, back to the stereotyping!

BTW-California drivers are on average, dreadful. Ask any of them and they will tell you.

Lighten up, you will live longer, statistically speaking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbth
As is your statement.
Women are capable of amazing things.Surely driving is among them.
There are many horribly distracted moms driving around but no more than the dudes cutting me off in rusty pickups with the #3 prominently displayed in the rear window or the King of The Universe buzzing by in his BMW driving and checking his blackberry.
Have you ever driven an SUV with 3 kids under 10years and taken a phone call.Let's see how good a driver you are.That shouldn't impugn 50% of humanity driving ability.

Poor driving skills , inconsiderate or inattentive maneuvers are equal opportunity.
Stating that women as a whole are worse drivers than men is as stupid as saying asians are bad drivers or Jersey drivers are bad drivers.

The more a myth is repeated , the more likely it is to be adopted.
Reconsider your statement , you sound like Fred Mertz!

BTW, Insurance Companies are in the business of pricing risk.If women added a significant risk premium to the policy, they would surcharge , just like they do for young drivers , DUI ,speeding tickets etc.I am sure many statistical analysis by gender have been done.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote