Thread: The Growler
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
That's pretty cool Wasn't that THstone's car in there when he talks about racing with celebrities?
The Growler is owned by my very close friend Alex Bermudez (Little "t" here on 986Forum). Alex and I are both sponsored by House Automotive so our race cars are easily and often mistaken for the same car. The easy way to tell them apart is that my #254 Spec Boxster has red wheels and Alex's #909 has silver wheels.

The first time that I drove the Growler was north of LA on Glendale Mountain Road. Alex hadn't even bought the car yet - the previous owner Tyson Schmidt (who does all of the repairs on my Spec Boxster) "loaned" Alex the car for the weekend to test drive it and see if Alex wanted to buy it. So Alex and I took the "loaner" Growler and my blue 996 up GMR to see how it handled.

Part way thru the drive we swapped cars. All I can say is the same thing that Alex said - that drive in the Growler was transformational. I got out of the car almost screaming that I had to buy an air cooled 911! (and I eventually did).

The Growler probably puts out about 300hp in a 2400 lb car. The suspension and tires stick like glue. The car hauls ass and is an absolute blast to drive.

Here is a pic from that day... (pic's or it never happened, right? )

And here is the Growler and my 911SC at coffee a few weeks ago...

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 08-05-2015 at 07:54 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote