View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #14
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Thanks all for the solid advice. Perfect Lap pretty much nailed it - theres 75,000 miles and then theres 75,000 miles. This car was obviously parked outdoors and very likely driven year round. Ive never drove an S and I didnt bother to drive this one. I figure what I dont know cant hurt me, right? But sadly I didnt take it for a spin for anything that noble, nope it was because I was so disgusted this joker was asking 14k for a car in fair shape, at best. It was rough and I wasted my time driving to see it, if its even possible to waste your time driving a Boxster thats always been garaged to see a Boxster that never has. I will say that seeing this 2002 made me appreciate my 2002, even if I spent too much on a 2002 with 99k...

And yes, I guess I was pretty naive to think that the mechanical work Ive done is worth anything, anything at all. He would give me $5500. I know I can find better in an S model but then with the possibilities; Rows, Chevy engines, brake kits, 997 shifters, sport seats....who needs an S anyway?

Last edited by TypeA; 07-08-2015 at 04:50 PM.
TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote