View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #10
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Thanks all for the input. Perhaps 10k is a bit generous for my trade in. I spent 10k on it a year ago, had 99k miles, and I would have receipts in hand for these three big mechanical items. Thats certainly not the piece of mind I got when I purchased it. Ive also cut and buffed (not just filled in the imperfections but cut and buffed) the clear coat to near perfection since Ive owned it, this resulted in a paint finish worthy of a Porsche. Initially it had lots of marring and spider web scratches from many years of being ignored, but I suppose the paint work Ive done wont add much value besides saving the dealer a cheap fill-in wax, the one that will eventually wash off thats typical of their detailing work.

Thus far I have just called, asking if the IMS, RMS and clutch status was known. He said that "everyone" had been asking about that same thing. There is another dealer with a 2000 S with 75k miles that is also asking 14k. Despite what looks like a little better options package its silver and an automatic so its not really an option for me. But it does let me know that 14k price is about on-track for this model year and milage Im considering. Ill take a look and drive both in the next couple days and see what Im offered for my trade in...