View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #13
thom4782

There's a YouTube video that shows how to remove the front bumper cover. Fairly easy to do, but the video makes it a piece of cake.

You said you heard the fans run at high speed; were you able to confirm they run in low speed. If low speed doesn't work, then you'll see a new a new gauge benchmark.

In my case, my gauge sat on the hash mark to the left of the 8 in 180. After a recent coolant change, it moved to the right. After a few weeks, I noticed a coolant level dropped in the tank. My mechanics guess is that an air bubble in the system was causing the higher gauge readings. Once the system was bled, the gauge has returned to its lower reading and the coolant tank level has remained rock steady after topping it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcintyre6492 View Post
Thanks everyone for the input. I have been searching the forum for similar topics, and have learned that I need to check/clean the radiators, etc. Though, you'd think my mechanic would have checked all of that when I first took it to him asking him to check out the cooling system.

Thom, to your points:
1. Yes, I've tried this test and both fans come on
2. Yes, I definitely hear the fans run at high speed
3. I thought about this possibility, though this all started before the water pump was replaced. Still, can't hurt to try this.
4. I'm not sure, its only been a day since the water pump was replaced, though the system was pressure-tested about a month prior to that.

Thanks again for everyone's input, I'd appreciate any additional insight.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote