Thread: Deadlocked.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
Dualist

Deadlocked.

Hello chaps,

I've got a problem with the passenger door not opening and both windows not working.

Here's the full story of events...

Clutch pressure plate collapsed so I abandoned it at a friends house nearby, so the following day I when with a mate with a van to tow it to my workshop. When I got there the petrol tank locking plunger was screaming like a pig and couldn't do anything with it so I got towed to my unit (I started the car ok for the power steering). When I got there I turned off the engine, got unhooked and then couldn't start the car again, key moved nothing else happened. I remembered the immobilizer box was under the passenger seat so I moved that forward to which I found the optional extra of a swimming pool and the little black box was at the bottom of it. I ripped the seat out (roof worked as did the windows at this point) and pulled the box out of it's pool, tipped the water out and pulled the box apart and found a load of green mold and crap on the pcb. I disconnected it to dry it off and proceeded to work on my clutch for the next couple of days.

Everything is dry now, car unlocks with key in door only, starts ok, roof comes down but doesn't drop the windows though they do drop the little bit when you open a door. Passenger do refuses to open and the little key switch next to the air-con thing is constantly on when the key is in the ignition. I've tried the two pulls on the door lever inside and you can do it all day long as nothing happens, if I press the lit bit on the switch I get a brief alarm noise and then two blips and nothing happens. If I disconnect the battery the immobilizer doesn't sound until the battery is reconnected, never used to do that, the alarm used to sound when it was disconnected and stop when it was reconnected.

I've googled and tried a couple of things like make the alarm go off and then turn the ignition on and press the button on the key to stop the alarm but that doesn't work.

The remote key fob appears to have stopped comunicating as it won't open and close the doors but with the previous paragraph it does stop the alarm.

Any ideas guys as I'm at a loss.
Dualist is offline   Reply With Quote