View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 03:33 AM   #5
Brad Roberts

Hi gang!

We went through the whole car because it has 180k on the chassis/tranny/axles. The 2.5 engine was replaced with a 40k version and all worn suspension related components were replaced.

I posted this (in my own defense) on The Boxster Racing board:

Let me clear up a few items on the Spec car:

I had NEVER run that course "ever".. I ran clockwise without the bowl 1 time over a year ago. I only ran on Sunday at the event and was testing some new suspension parts for the spec class (sway bars and drop links).

I have quite a bit of NorCal track time, but close to none in SoCal.

The car is still over 2900lbs with me in it.

I find it difficult to compare it to another Boxster with 60-70 more hp?? I had him covered up in all the turns, he would obviously out run me on the straights.

Bottom line: the car is a blast to drive and I encourage more people who are thinking about racing a Boxster to take a closer look. The cars are easy to maintain and can easily be driven to the events if need be. This is all with stock air cleaner.. stock muffler.. stock brain.. You can run a different muffler but no headers or removal of cats.

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.

Last edited by Brad Roberts; 05-02-2006 at 03:48 AM.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote