Old 04-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #20
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
LMAO

Not to attack you but...

logically, look at where the sensors are mounted, they are on the brake pads and the wear portion of the pads no less. How is it possible that it can measure the thickness of the rotor?
Reread what I posted. It has nothing to do with reading the the thickness of the rotor, it has to do with the rotor being so worn out the edge of the rotor cuts the wire.

Quote:
Grinding, pulsating and a lack of stopping power are signs of a bad brake rotor. If your brake pads have worn deep into your rotor, the lip on the outer edge of the rotor can cut into your pad wear sensors, causing a brake pad warning to appear in the instrument cluster - even if your brake pads are new. Rotors should be checked every time you service your brakes.
2003 Porsche Boxster Roadster S H6 3.2L Braking Rotors - 99635140501KT - Front Brake Rotors - Pair 12.51" (318mm) - ES#2535370

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but this is what I have read from a very well respected Porsche parts seller. I didn't just pull it out of the air.