View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #8
paulofto
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
After 10k miles of driving in the last 9 months it has cost me entirely too much to maintain. I am in it 80$ for an oil change, 25$ for a filter, and I even had to top off the power steering fluid.

Despite being a 30 year old man its nimble handling and quick acceleration has me driving like a 16 year old who just got his license

Another down side to the handling and acceleration is that it wears down my tires and brakes too quickly. Most horrible thing EVER!

Its small size has made parking in crowded parking lots way too easy, I really enjoyed the challenge of my pickup truck and squeezing out my door that I could only crack open.

Another thing about its small size is it doesn’t take long enough to clean, I really enjoy spending at least an hour hand washing my car and I just can’t seem to stretch it out that long.

It’s only a two seat sports car and it has not ONE but TWO trunks?? Who the heck needs all that storage!? Seems like such a waste, I would rather have something less practical.

I get confused because I get about 300 miles to a tank and it doesn’t cost much to fill up. I thought sports cars were supposed to guzzle gas?

On Porsche forums I have to read constantly about the IMS bearing and it scares the crap out of me until I realize my car has 0 shavings in the oil and it only happens to roughly 5% of vehicles.

When in random parking lots I have strangers come compliment it and ask me about it, I am way to introverted to allow a vehicle like this in my life.

People also tend to think I spent a whole lot more on my car than I did, It’s a horrible feeling that people assume I own a very high dollar car that I have less than 20k$ into.

My Mr2 used to blast me in the face with wind from every direction going down the interstate but the Boxster just keeps a little wind on the top of my head, I miss looking like a bobble head with the top down.
Yeah I hate mine too. I hate it so much I took it out of lay up and insured it on the very first nice day we had up here after winter. I hate it so much I had to force myself to smile and now I have a permagrin.

Damn Boxster.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote