View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdad View Post
First, thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

Woodsman ... I took your suggestion and de-snorkeled this afternoon. The snorkel popped right out. Hardest part was getting the vent out (I was fearful of snapping something). Boy was it worth the effort. That 'WAMP!' sound is music to the ears and the way I envisioned this car sounding.

Still no luck with the Crios mod. I even picked up a concrete punch at Lowes. I'm not exactly sure where the holes should go; the pics I've seen look like they start right after the seam and angle up ... while other pics look like the holes are further back into the pipe.
Just get one of these like I did.

Craftsman 1/2 in. Extra-Long Drill Bit - Tools - Power Tool Accessories - Drill Bits

It will go all the way through the muffler, I mean all the way out the backside of it lol.

I still haven't ran my car to a muffler shop to get it patched. Will have to record it before I get it fixed, sounds killer though lol.