View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
cincyjohn986S

new 986S owner outside Cincinnati, OH

Hi all.
I purchased a 2003 986 Boxster S a few weeks ago. Enjoying the car, but am really troubled by all of the IMS bearing scares. Planning to get the ceramic retrofit in the future. Problem is, my clutch is in great shape, and everyone tells me to wait until I need a clutch. I've heard of IMS failures in the past, but was always told it was rare, so didn't worry about it. But, after reading the posts online about the issue, I'm worried about it. If it goes, I do know there is no way I will buy a 20K engine for a car I paid 15K for. The Boxster S is my weekend, pleasure car, so I will deal with that issue when / if the time comes.
Other than that, the car is great
Was driving today, and a guy driving a crappy, beat up Toyota Corolla, wearing a dirty cammo jacket, yelled "Pu**Y!!!" at me when he pulled up next to me in the right turn lane, as he turned right, and ran away. So, I guess the car is provoking some jealous reactions. :dance:

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Thanks in advance for all the help, and information when things go wrong.
cincyjohn986S is offline   Reply With Quote