View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci5r View Post
Guys,

I have a 2005 Boxster (987) with about 40,000 miles on it that bought last year around June. On my way back from our local Costco, the Engine Light came on with a message "Check Engine: Bring to workshop".

I didn't have any problems driving it back but haven't driven it since. One thing I found online was making sure the gas cap was screwed on properly; so I removed it & screwed it back on. Started the vehicle and still get the light.

As far as I know, in these vehicles, there is a difference between the "Check Engine" and the "Service Engine" message, which is accompanied by a flashing check engine light.

So just a couple of questions:
1. Should I drop everything, not drive it at all and bring it to a workshop immediately?
2. Is there any I should try before bringing it to a workshop to see if the error goes away?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.
Take it to an auto parts store of service shop and get the code(s) read and write them down and report back. It is impossible to tell what is going on without more data. As long as the check engine light is not flashing, you should be fine.