View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #20
mach schnell

Porsche ownership has always been a dream (a goal) - kind of presumptious to get behind the wheel of a 911 as Resident Physician (although, if I had the money, I'd have to say the hell with that!!). So, the Boxster is my starting point for building a long future of Porsche ownership and enjoyment (my five year old daughter is already infected - she asked the other day if she could have the car when I'm old and die - should be a while - I'm floating in my early 30's)

The 987 was also something that had greater likelihood that I'd drive it for the next 7 years (my wife's stipulation, if I got a new car that I kept it through my residency and fellowship training) - other cars that I looked at were G35 coupe, 350z, s2000 and used m3. All had the likelihood of boredom onset within a few years, I'm sure. The Boxster, as I've stated before, will hopefully stay with us for a long time (beyond my training - in fact, hopefully it's what I'll drive to the Porsche dealership in, oh let's say, 8 years, when I order my new 911. And, I can proudly boast that my first Porsche was a virgin!

To be honest, I've carried the assumption, in the past, that the Boxster was the poor man's Porsche or a too every day kind of Porsche. With my 987, I've come to realize that is far from the truth - this is an incredibly engineered car and I'm excited to push it to its limits!

Finally, having a car that makes some of my attending physicians jealous - that's priceless!!!!!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote