View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #17
jr1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
In 1997, I saw one weaving in and out of traffic in Houston. I was alone, but still screamed out "THAT'S THE PORSCHE I WANT!" Seeing that car actually motivated me to open a special savings account and start putting cash into it regularly to save up for the car.

What made me fall in love? The view of this car from the back. I love the looks of the Boxster from the back more than any other Porsche. Believe it or not, the convertible top was secondary, but a close second.
I agree with RandallNeighbour that the back view of the Boxster is just awesome!
Other reasons why I am in the market for a Boxster is I am getting tired of BMWs of which I have had 4 and still have 2 and still playing around with them for the past 15 years. I want a sports car now rather than sport sedans. The sound of the engine revving behind you with that distinct growl is just captivating. It may not have the sound of an italian stallion, but it is distinctive. Even though a lot consider the 911 as the ultimate Porsche, I prefer the looks of the Boxster and the mid-engine set-up (rather than the tail-heavy set-up).
jr1966 is offline   Reply With Quote