View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #12
BuffaloBoxster

True story of how I bought a Boxster.

I wanted an S2000. I'd had an RSX and an Integra and I love Honda's high-revving four cylinders. So I went to the closest Honda dealer to have a go at it. In the showroom they had a yellow on black S2000. The salesman asked if he could help me, and I told him I wanted this car right here, and I'd like a test drive. He told me that I could not test drive the car without placing a deposit on it. I said there was no way I was going to put money down on a $33k car without driving it - Mercedes will gladly let me drive an SLK, and I've already driven BMW Z3s. He says "Let me talk to the boss". After waiting for this clown for about 10 minutes I told the lady at the desk that I was going to another Honda dealer and that I wouldn't be back.

On the way home, literally about 7 minutes up the road, I passed a dealership specializing in pre-owned European cars. Stopped in, asked to test a black '01 Boxster they had on the lot. The girl got me the keys, and all it took was me mashing the throttle on an on-ramp with the top down.

I bought the car.

To this day I still thin the S2000 is a fine car and would have made a fine choice. All that salesman had to do was put me in the car for ten minutes and he could've made my money. Instead someone else made it just a half hour later.

True story.

What really sold me about the box was the handling.. You just can't touch mid-engined handling dynamics. And I'd always loved the styling. I was never a 911 fan but the Box seems just right to me. I love every mile I've covered in it and I can't wait until the end of the month when I can get it out of storage.

Last edited by BuffaloBoxster; 03-23-2006 at 08:09 AM.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote