View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #7
986Jim

I crashed my motorcycle last year at 126mph racing at the track. Left me in the hospital with a really badly smashed up tibia, lost a lot of skin on my leg dislocated my shoulder. 6 weeksn and 4 operations later I was released. 6 months later I'm finally going back to work.

I really needed to replace that open air feeling from the bike with something else that won't kill me, so I decided I wanted a convertable. I now have a plate and 12 screws in my bone to hold it together, so riding is just not an option anymore. Even a low speed crash now would leave me with a useless leg as the screws and plate would rip out and cause massive destruction to the bone chancing amputation. Having always loved Porsche but also being a tuner at heart (see my Talon stats...) I wanted something I could play with but also have fun driving.

I was split between an S2000 and Boxster. The clincher was seeing a girl driving the S2000 with a stupid body kit and wing and stickers all over it, that right there killed the S2000 for me. Plus it's still a Honda at the end of the day.

My car has the M030 suspension, Hifi stereo, and 17" wheels (plus more) so first drive really sealed the deal for me. It was basically everything I was looking for to replace what I had lost. Plus I was pretty sure I'm not going to see a Veilside body kit and APR spoiler on one driving down the street.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote