View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
So, I'm at the point of setting up for the IMS change. I have the tool kit, with the cam lock tools, I've read everything I could find on the subject ( which could be the issue). One article states to lock everything down at TDC with the cam tools and r&r the bearing I bought the Pelican kit, which comes with set screws to pinch lock the
Sprocket according to Wayne's 101 project book. I've spent an hour trying to find an area where all three set screws will bottom on the sprocket. The best I get are 2 out of 3. So does just two work, that being said I can't use he cam locks because I'm no where near TDC.

What's the better method? I see value in both, locking everything makes the most sense, but stabilizing the sprocket at the bearing end has value as well.
Do not use the set screws. Do not follow Wayne's directions. Get a copy of the LN Engineering installation instructions and follow them to the letter.