View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
truegearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoothlee View Post
Being a mod-aholic, I took the plunge into Street prepared my second season. Although the car itself was faster, I didnt get much faster until I had a lot more seat time. Im in my third season now, and Ive attended almost every AutoX possible... And Im finally becoming a decent driver, but im still midpack.

Have you let any instructors drive your car? That should tell you how far behind your driving ability is vs the cars ability. Ever taken a driving school? My friend, who occasionally codrives my car, went to an autoX driving school, and got so much seat time he had to leave to get gas. There were 45+ runs, and he left with a much better understanding of the cars handling at the limit.

Modifying your car is a lot of fun, but you wont get faster until your technique improves.
I have let a handfull of the instructors drive my car and they haven't beaten me yet. Althought they all drive very different cars as well. I've done a couple classes as well as HPDEs and feel like my ability isn't all that bad, of couse I could certainly improve. I could add a sway bar this season and remain in stock, I wonder if that would help close the .5 second gap at all, .2 seconds would be great! I could also potentially stretch a larger front tire on, I'm currently running a 225 up front. Could I run a 235 over the stock front tire if I used a hard sidewall autocross inspired tire?
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote