View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
AKnowles

It's gone, but ...

Well, last weekend while I was in Denver attending a training session my wife came around a blind corner and rear ended another car (stopped because an RV pulled out in front of it from a turnout after letting a few motorcycles pass). She is OK (just bruises, sprains, and back ache), but we needed to get a new car since the Ford Escape Hybrid was totaled by AAA. So to sum it up, I traded in my Boxster base, gave Ford the 9K from the AAA claim, and financed 15K or so at 0% and we drove off with a 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid. Since my wife and I commute to work together now (she works in a school just before my office) this will work out better than two separate cars (financially anyway).

So that's the bas news. The good news is I now (since I gave up my Boxster base) get to buy a newer Porsche. At a minimum it will be a Boxster S, but maybe a Caymen or 911. Not sure yet and only time will tell what I will wind up with, but sooner or later another Porsche will be in my garage. In fact, since we are looking at a new house next year I'll just have to make sure there is enough room in the garage for the cars.

I will be getting pictures of my no longer needed Boxster parts, but until I do if anyone is interested in my PST2 (computer based with spare computer), stock front 911 turbo bumper (black) with fiberglass lower, third radiator kit (80% complete - new radiator), oil change kit, 4 5 QT containers of Mobil 1, spark plugs, spark plug tubes, 6.5" Kicker subwoofers, etc. shoot me a PM. I'm in the Palm Springs area of Southern California and it is best for local pickup of the bigger items.

I already miss my Boxster, but have to say it will be fun looking for a replacement. Particularly now I know more about them and which models are of primary interest.