View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #62
kjc2050

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
As a marketing initiative, this is exceedingly weak. I'd be shocked if you receive any donations. Let me explain:
  • What exactly are you "marketing?"
  • As far as I can figure out, you are giving people the opportunity to aid you in getting a car, and in return for doing so, they get their name added to the car's dash
  • BUT: you don't mention this ANYWHERE...
  • It's only until someone clicks on the "Donate" button that they learn this
  • And THEN, you don't bother to show or tell how contributors' names will be displayed...
  • Will they be inscribed on a plate? Written with a Sharpie?? Scribbled with a Crayola? I have no idea, because you never say

This is a pathetic job of marketing, plus I'm sure you'll turn off many potential contributors by telling about your poor ruined Boxster. Not many people are going to give money to a high school student who had a Porsche. Additionally, the story about the "altercation" and police report is just plain confusing. Who cares? To the average person logging onto the gofundme page, you're just a spoiled kid with a confused story and a half-assed pitch for donations.

Good luck.