View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
Brucelee

Talking

I will expand. Since I deal in very late model used cars and am in constant contact with the local Porsche dealer, I can tell you that cars like the new Corvette (both the regular C6 and the ZO6) ARE attracting potential buyers who would be looking at new Boxsters and 911s.

Look at the value prop of the base C6 at about $45K out the door vs. a 911 coupe at say $75K.

Frankly, the base C6 is faster, handles better, is safer, and has more "options" as standard equipment vs the 911. Oh, and I can drop some golf bags in the hatch of the C6.

The Porsche management types will ignore this type of value issue at their own peril.

IMHO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
I'm talking about cars being purchased from the showroom. Used cars are a different ballgame Brucelee. Neither Porsche nor Chevy directly benefits from used car transactions. (Like buying a CD from Walmart vs. buying a cd from a used CD store. The artist doesn't make any money one the latter.)

Sure, there will be people out there debating between an 02 911 Turbo and an 06 Z06. But I'm trying to keep things "apples to apples" by comparing new cars to new cars.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote