View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #26
gRed04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
The Z06 is impressive.

But I reiterate my contention that people that buy 911s aren't considering a Corvette as an alterternative option.
The Z06 is impressive and anyone nitpicking interior or GM quality just goes to show how much attention it is really getting. Can't just dismiss this one as a GM stoplight rocket.

IMHO people buy Porsche cars because of performance and the name. The marketing of the name only goes so far. Consumers in the know will have a much harder time popping for a more expensive 911 and knowing it will get squarely trounced by every Z06 they meet on the street.

As my 986 is not a daily driver ( same for a 911 if I owned one ) the only area where the 911 has the advantage wouldn’t matter to me.

I surely wouldn’t be able to stand it having to pretend I don’t notice the vette next to me at a stoplight because it could be a Z06. Easy today as I can always fall back on the Z06 costs 50% more. What would I use to convince myself if I had a 911? “Porsche there is no Substitute …”?

Not only is it no performance contest but it does it at a cost point closer to that of the Porsche lowest priced models.

Porsche and the true believers may be poo-pooing the Z06 but I know that I am impressed and have been thinking about one. Especially because GM is now allowing employee discounting.
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote