View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Atomicblue99

Garage
No voltage to license plate lights

I got pulled over and got a warning ticket for my rear license plate lights being out. I ordered the LED lights from Amazon that scottvd suggested in his post back in January. (they fit just fine) Tonight I went to install the bulbs and found the old incandescent filament bulbs were indeed burnt out. However, the new LED bulbs didn't light. I checked the new bulbs in another location and they worked, so it wasn't the new bulbs.

Hmmmm, so I checked the voltage - no voltage to either license plate light. Ah, fuse! Which fuse? My Bentley manual says it's number 5 in the top row. But, I'm not thinking it's the fuse since it also protects the dash lights and they work fine. Nope, not the fuse, it checks good.

So, I button things back up and check the forum. I find where some posts mention a place where the license plate light wires have a plug that hooks into the rest of the wiring harness. Does anyone know where this plug is? I did a quick check and couldn't track the wires from behind the bumper cover. Any ideas about other fuses, fusible links or other places to look for where the break in electrical connection might be happening are appreciated.
Atomicblue99 is offline   Reply With Quote