View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
BIGJake111

Garage
Went for a drive today...

Started out running by the Porsche dealer for an alignment (noticed some odd wear on the back left tire) and to put in new bolts connecting half axles to cv joints. (was on hand me downs from http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/50505-initiation.html ) Also had my cars computer checked, everything was fine aside from the seatbelts causing my airbag light which is now reset . Proceeding all of this and a quick lunch at McAlister's Deli (California Turkey Reuben) I went on quite the trip through the western Carolinas. The drive started by curving around the Greenville Watershed, the road was deserted aside from cyclist this dumped me out into Saluda n.c. where then the box enjoyed a winding road down to the green river where many Olympian kayakers practice. (MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map) After leaving heading back up the mountain and stopping in Saluda, (A great town that offered great ice cream.) the boxster was used for some lake side cruising by summit lake. After this I found my favorite road and i think the Dragons Tail is done for, Pinnacle Mountain Road is the most empty fun road i have ever driven on. Part 1/2.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote