View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doli3415 View Post
I need help, I have had a misfire on bank one for over six months.. the codes that are generated are 300, 301,302,303, 341, 1340. I have done the following (not necessarily in this order) replaced the O2 sensors, all the spark plugs, the #1 variocam solenoid, had the ECU tested, had the engine compression tested replaced the camshaft position sensor on the # 1 bank. I've check the wiring going to the variocam and the camshaft position sensor, along with the wiring in the rear trunk. I even sent it to an Indy garage and he looked at it for 4 months and gave up.

Sorry so long, here my question(s); the car will run fine until it warms up to about 120-140 degrees then the CEL will start flashing then go solid.

What happens at that temperature? does the cam begin to shift?
The cams are supposed to be RPM dependent, not temperature. What concerns me are the two codes P0341 and 1340; 0341 is the code for an implausible signal from the cam position sensor on bank #1, and 1341 is for the timing chain being out of position on the same bank (cam timing).

Suggest the following: Get the car hooked up cold to a Porsche specific scan system (PST II, PIWIS, Durametric), setting the car up to monitor and log coolant temp and cam deviation values; start the car and make note of the cam deviation values, warm the car up until it codes, watching the values. Willing to bet you are going see some odd values.............