Thread: AFR Issue
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
JAAY

AFR Issue

This video explains a lot. I think some P cars need tuning and run rich from the factory. When I first did my 3.4 swap and dyno'd it was only putting down 246hp. The afrs were just like in this video, down in the 10's. The car ran great with no check engine lights but had plenty of safe room to tune. Many people don't listen but I suggest putting a real wide band afr gauge in your car and see what is really happening. I was able to pull just about 10-12% fuel out of my fuel curve and the car has been a blast to drive. I run my afr's between 12.5- 13:0 This is nothing new, my car has been with a fuel controller for years. I use the Apexi AFC. It splices into your maf and is simple to use. That being said you can also destroy your motor if you are not careful and know what your doing.

Moral of the story is get a wideband or durametric if you want to see what your car is doing and watch you intake air temps for all you guys with cold (hot) air intakes.

10/19/13 Porsche 996 Racecar Dyno, 287whp/253wtq, tuned AFR's ~ 13.0, X51 headers - YouTube
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote