View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBeerToad View Post
I may need one of these too. Getting holes where the plastic window folds. Didn't know I could find them for $450 though. But I'm way too scared to attempt to replace my top on my own though. Every instruction I have seen makes it look like it is a real pain.
It may be a pain to replace the top but there are such great instructions that I think it is very doable. I replaced the top on my wifes 350Z last month...first time I'd tried that job. I took my time and followed instructions and never really got stuck. The top is nice and tight (thankfully) and doesn't leak!

You have a couple of choices (as I see it).
1. Cheapest is to replace the top yourself. Less than $400 for a plastic window and less than $500 should get you glass.

2. By a used to and frame from a member, yard or auction site. Install is a breeze....figure an hour or two (max) to remove your old top and frame and install your new one. Prices range from $300 to $600 for plastic and $700-$1500 for glass.

3. Have a pro do the work for you. ~1-1.2K for plastic and a few hundred more for glass.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote