View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #15
Perfectlap

Speaking of GT3 as a track car, I read this on another site by a GT3/Cayman owner

"also, many are saying that in a few years, GT3's will drop to 70k and will be a bargin to pick up for a track car. with all due respect, what do you mean by TRACK car. i put close to 6k track miles on my in ONE year and anothe rennlister logged over 10k track miles in ONE year. with this type of track mileage, you will be very very SHOCKED on how much consumable you are chewing through. i have a receipt of $4k or so just on BRAKE PADS. you dont want to know how much i burned on pilot sport cups, rotors, the freaking chin lip spoiler that i buy by the dozen (i am NOT exaggerating). most ppl with this much track miles pretty much killed the LSD on the car. to really get it right, you need a PMS or paul guard LSD. that's another very large bill. i burn about $300 on fuel per track day and this is on cheap gas. i have a buddy burning about $500/day on 100 oct. that's 15k on track fuel ALONE every year for my buddy. so the purchase price of the GT3 is really peanuts. it's the consumables, if you REALLY are talking about using it as a track car."

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote