View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
AKnowles

Haz, I feel for you. And I do have a simple suggestion. Well two actually.

First, just for the heck of it unplug the MAF. See if it makes a difference. My last MAF only lasted 5 weeks before it failed. So it can happen.

Secondly, I have the P1341 error show up twice. The first time it happened was when my wife stalled the car to prevent running into someone in front of her. After clearing the code it popped back up (that's the second occurrence) while driving and a misfire occurred (actually the engine seemed like it just cut out for half a second). One of the interesting things I found was the cam adjustment is hydraulic. So, low oil pressure, cold weather, thicker oil, old oil, etc. can all possibly contribute to the CEL. I was just about due for an oil change, so changed it using Mobil 1 European blend and went for a spirited drive. No return of the CEL to date.

I can't say either of these suggestions will make a difference (MAF or Oil), but both are cheap and easy to check out. As another weird thought, isn't this the rebuilt engine after an IMS failure. If it is (my memory may not be correct) then this could also be one of those times when an IMS disintegration with all the floating pieces of debris that could clog oil ports may have bit you.