View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
as a general economic rule, you are unlikely to get a good price (below fair market) from an unmotivated seller. And when it comes to mass produced water-cooled Porsches, there's no reason to deal with an unmotivated seller.

If we were talking about a well-kept 993 or some other small production Porsche, then you are playing in a seller's market. That's not the case with any water-cooled Carrera, Boxster/Cayman, Cayenne or Pana --unless it comes with a limited production engine like the RS 4.0. There are a crap ton of these mass production engine cars every day on Autotrader if you have to have it right now, or on the enthusiast forum classifies if you want a good deal instead. No need to jump through hoops this guy isn't selling anything you won't find somewhere else.
+1 on this.
Plus I like to deal with a private seller who is accommodating and has a decent personality. I have walked away from a seller who acts like Darth Vader. The only time it gets edgy for me is when I am negotiating the price. If I was intent on selling a car I would entertain the idea of letting the indy open up the oil filter as long as a new one was put back in at the prospective buyer's expense. If I was selling a car I would hide nothing. Is this seller hiding something.....lots of Boxsters out there even if you have to do some travelling. Don't buy the first one you see.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote