View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
It looks as if we are on the same page after all. I took your prior post "walk away if the seller places any boundaries" as to suggest the seller forfeit any say in what the prospective buyer wants / where to check the car out, for me that would be out of the question.

Side note; the PPI that was ultimately performed on my car was by a local shop who builds 911's for Lemans and Grand Am teams, and their cars regularly win. Sgt Brad was the buyer of the car and he paid for the PPI. Brad contacted me a few weeks after the sale and said the shop came back after him for an additional $500 for repairs that they had "an invoice dispute / discrepancy" over. I was a bit surprised at the whole scenario but got involved and talked to the shop since they were local and it was eventually dropped.

My guess is that you see the other side of the spectrum being a shop owner, it's just that my limited exposure to P-Car PPI's as a seller has been a bit sour.

P.S. Knowing now what I wish I knew then there a 2 or 3 shops within an hour from my location that I'd completely trust.
I completely understand your position; but having personally done a PPI on what was being sold as a one owner, very low mileage, and absolutely immaculate 996 C4s, only to find they had popped a used 2.7L Boxster engine into it to sell it, I can tell you not everything is as it seems...............