View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #23
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
The first time I saw Leno lose control of that CGT I immediately thought of a Rennlist member who died at a Fontana track day in his CGT. Poor track marshaling put another car ahead of his CGT and while swerving to avoid the car he plowed the wall head on. The wreckage was devastating. That car was not engineered with the street or ovals in mind.
Poor marshaling should have produced a lousy lap time. Terrible but oh well. Over-speed for the surface you're driving on or the traffic you're in, be it track or city streets, is always the driver's decision / fault....both had a choice.

I hope I never face a moment where I realize (besides hitting a deer or such) that I've gone too fast and now can't possibly control my car for a few seconds. Can't even imaging going that fast in town. That's privilege taking over. Total disregard. Like he owned the street. Aerials show the road looks just like a race track.....
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote