View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
jsceash

Garage
3.6 Engine what next

Most have read or looked at my last years winter project post. The engine refurbish was a big success in my opinion. But in that quest for ever more power here is a question for the serious knowledge Motor tuners. One of the few thing I did not do while building this project as I was running out of cash. Was replace all the lifter and the carriers. I do have a slight tap from idle to 2000 rpm from a lifter on cylinder 4. I know the I told you so'er are now going to say you should have replaced them while it was apart.

1. Is there any significant change in the 2005-06 987cams The carriers and the lifters are different numbers and so are the cams. The cam Varriable timing sprockets are the same. Does anyone with experience know if they would fit, and run in 2004 heads?

2. Is there a replacement cam set that give a more HP, and still use the same style lifted and carrier?
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust

Last edited by jsceash; 11-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote