View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
jdraupp

Garage
Brand New (Used) Owner...CEL...Help appreciated

Hey guys,

Just bought the car I've dreamed of since I was 9 or 10...a Porsche Boxster. Got a great deal on an 02 Lapis Blue (with tip because I had to frame it as "our" car to get her approval). Gorgeous car, had 83k on it, had the CD changer and a nice looking interior.

I know I need to do a passenger side regulator eventually, along with an eventual starter rebuild as I get the grind once every 9 or 10 starts, especially when its cold (think its a solenoid going bad).

Just had the CEL come on yesterday. The previous owner had a fuel leak fixed just before selling it as he made sure it passed smog tests and since it failed, he found there was a small fuel leak that he had fixed. I went to AZ and had them pull the codes, and they advised there were three: P1128, P1130 and P0455. I know that 455 is often related to a gas cap leak or something along those lines, but hadnt found them related to 1128 and 1130. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to clean the MAF and try a new gas cap. When I filled it up, I was also only able to get the needle to 3/4 if that matters (I assumed I needed to try the 45 degree trick next fill up.) My fill up was two days before the light went on, but Sunday was the first day I had driven the car more than 5 miles.

I also initially thought perhaps it may be the AOS. I cold started the car and removed the oil filler cap. It wasn't hard to remove, but it cause the engine idle to dip and start to sputter. However, after I warmed the car up and did it, no idle drop with the cap removed.

Is this an AOS, a MAF continuance of a fuel leak? Or did I just not tighten the gas cap properly (or does it need replacing?) Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated guys (or gals).

Jake
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote