Thread: No start!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
While driving home a few days ago the car stumbled a few times and was down on power- didn't want to rev either. Next morning, wouldn't start- turns over fine and a friend can smell fuel at the tailpipe while it's turning over. So, I bought a durametric. Codes are P1133 and 1126. All of the reading here suggests MAF. Today, I looked at all of the fuses and didn't find any blown. The relays in the no. 2 relay block looked good and didn't smell burnt. Why won't it start? Is it flooding itself? Should I unplug the MAF and see if that helps? Help please!
Neither code has anything to do with the MAF, they are indicating that your have an overly lean condition on bank 2 (cylinders 4-6). Most common faults are an intake air leak, low fuel pressure, bad injectors or low volume of fuel supply. The two of the last three possible are doubtful as low fuel pressure or volume would affect both banks.

I would start by looking for any possible air leaks that could lean out that bank, but for the sake of elimination would hook up a fuel test gauge to the test port and check both pressure and delivery.