View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
dghii

My past....99 Z3 2.3 (new), 99 M roadster purchased in Nov 2001 with 16K miles, 2003 purchased in late 2003 with 5k miles. Currently own a 2000S, a 98 Base (and an 84 Alfa!)

The BMW's were great cars and a blast. The 2.3 was quick enough, quiet when cruising and rattle free for the time I owned it. I replaced it when my lease was coming up and lease deals on new Z3's were not as great as back in '99.
The M roadster was just plain badazz. Great exhaust note, as quick as the Boxster and just a really cool car. I happened to have it cleaned up one day in the fall of 2003 and put it out by the road with a sign and a crazy asking price...dang if it didn't sell by the end of the day!
After a couple of months, I got a used Z4, 5 months old with 5k miles. The car was a 3 liter 6speed with sport package. I figured that given its similar HP to the M Roadster, performance would be similar. As it turned out, it felt a little more...refined and civilized. Great but just not as much fun (to me).

First time I drove a Boxster S I just knew I'd own one someday. The car was just a blast to drive. Pure sports car, period. I still feel that way. I still look at used BMW's, mostly M roadsters ('98-'02) but don't know if I'd pull the trigger or not.

The base Boxster is great, its just that after driving the S....well that was all she wrote!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote